Spring has sprung! It’s been forever since I’ve posted! I lost my consistency streak when we all were sick back in February and I just haven’t been able to get my motivation and drive to work together since then. But that changes NOW.
I’ve been reflecting on all the things that happened and I have learned while I was MIA and I’ve decided to share them with you though give me grace for my erratic list.
- I joined and completed another book launch, this time for Sisi by Allison Pataki. Sisi is a historical fiction novel based on the life of Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary. To be honest it was not my favorite read ever, but being part of the launch team taught me a few lessons that I will take on to my next launch team.
- Speaking of the “next” launch team…I just got the notice last Monday that I was chosen to help launch Brazen by Leeana Tankersley. I am super excited about participating in my fourth launch team, be on the look out for a book review in the coming weeks. I haven’t even gotten my copy yet though members of the group or tormenting me with lovely photos of theirs.
- Zack got a car and a job! We are praising God for His faithfulness through both processes!
- Both kids ended the 3rd quarter on honor roll! Yay! They both worked very hard for their final grades.
- Teenagers test the limits of good hair dye and often win the battle. Yes, I made a hair appt. Fyi: if your husband asks you when you have a hair appointment, this means the teenager has won at least part of the battle.
- I am co-leading my second Good Morning Girls Bible Study! For this “semester” we are learning and growing in the book of Mark as we prepare for Easter. I am incredibly grateful to have a fabulous, wise, and Godly co-leader that makes me laugh but also challenges me in my walk. I will forever be grateful to get to walk this life with her.
- Road trips are the perfect excuse to let your kids skip school. Sometimes you just have to let go and have some fun while teaching them about life and tradition. (this topic will have it’s own post soon, I hope)
- I loathe elections and cannot wait for them to be over.
- We found a new church! It’s kind of a church-ini but we love it! After the vastness of MBC we weren’t sure if we could ever go back to a small church but we have found a home in this tiny church that welcomed us with loving, open arms.
- I was suckered into getting yet another pet-a fish this time. His name is Murphy. Noah weaseled his way into me agreeing by saying it’d be great for his science project, but ultimately he bagged his Dad which left me which little choice. I keeps saying ‘no more pets” but I think they all are deaf to those words.
- I was reminded how important it is to guard against making big decisions while upset or hurt, they rarely work out well. (This too will have it’s own post soon)
- Last one! Zack was inducted into the National Honor Society! Proud of our boy!
Overall it was a good unplanned sabbatical. I learned some things, I cried some tears, I rejoiced in some victories, and I loved my people through all of it. Our days are not promised to be perfect but the promise is in never walking them alone.